Thursday, July 3, 2008

Butterflies in Maryland











Grandma Vicky,Tyler and Abby went to this beautiful butterfly place in Maryland to see the butterflies and beautiful flowers. We use to go alot when we lived there. They have butterflies from all over the country and show the kids how to treat them and handle them. So many fly on you and we all had them fly on us. Abby and Tyler laughed so hard when one flew on my nose. Tyler had them fly on his head and shirt. Abby had one go down her shirt which made her laugh and laugh. We had so much fun visiting the butterflies that I can't seem to appreciate them as much as when we are in Maryland and can have them land on you. The people who work there show the kids how they are started from caterpillar to cocoon to butterfly, then they show them how to be gentle with them and what kinds there are from all over. Tyler really liked the big blue ones, Abby loved them all as
well as Grandma did...........

3 comments:

Rachel said...

What an amazing place! I would so love that place, as would my sweet little Kelsey. She is all about butterflies.
What a great trip!

Jenn said...

I'm still wishing that was here. They just have some of the coolest things back East! I hope to go some day.

Unknown said...

My Little Bekah would love that place. We read about one like that it a book, and she wished we could go there. I'll have to so her your fun pictures,