Saturday, March 1, 2008

Banana Bread



Here is a easy quick recipe that is really good.
Heat oven to 350 degrees
1/2 cup butter (melted)
1 1/4 cup sugar
2-3 ripe bananas
3 eggs
1 1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon of salt
3 tablespoons yogurt,buttermilk,cream or mayonnaise
(I used vanilla yogurt)
1 teaspoon vanilla
Optional: 1/2cup walnuts,crushed
I like it plain though.

Cream together butter and sugar. Mash the bananas and add to butter mixture
Beat in eggs. In seperate bowl mix together flour, baking soda and salt
Add to butter mixture. Add yogurt,cream,buttermilk or mayonnaise and vanilla
Add nuts if desired. Pour into greased loaf pan and bake at 350 for 1 hour.

2 comments:

Spencer's Adventures said...

This is yummy. I used vanilla yogurt too. We usually put butter on our banana bread, but this is so moist that we don't even bother.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I have all the ingredients. I am going to make it asap! I love banana bread but have never had a good recipe.